La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Ugh ! I'm all painted out ....

...that's physically and mentally.  Unfortunately there still is about four more days of painting to do.

I hope the attic bathroom and hallway don't need any more coats of paint, because they won't be getting any... not from me they won't !
Since painting the whole shebang white, it felt, on numerous occasions, very much like a lunatic asylum. Not that I have first hand experience what a lunatic asylum might look like.  I saw it on tv...

The sloping ceiling of the attic hallway


More hallway ceiling

And the bathroom.


Why white ?  Well, we will put the house on the market soon and it will look bright and fresh this way.  Shame I didn't take photos when we first moved in.   The attic was dark and dingy, being wallpapered all over, ceiling et all.
Just to remind myself how it was....
The patterned paper was on the walls and the green was on the sloping ceiling.
A proper throwback to the late 80's/early 90's.  Brrr


Obviously I will get back to you with pictures of the dressed up rooms when ready.

I'll love you and leave you, while my neck and shoulders take a break for the night.

Cheerio
Patricia xxx...x





1 comment:

  1. Hey you! Glad to hear everything is ok ; . . such as it is and decorating not withs=tanding! Anyway I'm excited about you moving back to Ireland, one of the most fabulous countries in the world!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...