La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Monday, April 25, 2016

Princess Sarah


Princess Sarah is my niece. My brother's youngest. The princess and I are birthday twins. She'll be 5 and I'll be 54 on the 31st July (please put this on your calendar. Lol). Sarah has same-ish personality traits as I had around that age (I probably still have them) that the family sometimes call her Mini Auntie Patty.
Last year they came over on holidays from Belgium and we celebrated our birthdays together. Frozen themed. In the middle of summer. I fabricated her an Elsa outfit and made her a cake of same.

Blowing out the candles. Sarah, Auntie Patty (aka Anna) and Olaf...err, Mathias

They will be back this year and Sarah made a request. Could I make her a Cinderella dress ? And gloves, a crown. And, and glass slippers. A pumpkin carriage ! Maybe I should have a word with Katie Price.

 There is no denying she loves all the girly stuff.
I think her suitcase was completely stuffed with these.



Blowing soap bubbles, but leaving the wind to do the work.

 She's  also a little adventurer.



 Throwing a tantrum every now and then.


But she's my funny girl.

 With uncle Bert.


The budding artist.

And Sleeping Beauty. Or was it Cinderella ?

I'm sure looking forward to their arrival this summer and I'd better start hunting for some suitable material. Oh, and a phone call to Katie, asking her if I could borrow her pumpkin carriage.

Patricia xxx..x

5 comments:

  1. I wonder ablout the glass slippers. We need a photo as you are done with them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is going to a whole lot of glass blowing going on. Or I just buy a plastic version off ebay. lol xxx...x

      Delete
  2. Aw she looks so happy. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time this summer. Good luck with the glass slippers!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day, it is nice to spend time with little ones, the things they do and say are so funny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee hee children and their requests! Good luck meeting those ;). She looks like a fun person to have around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...