La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Cinderella

Some fabrics have arrived yesterday.
This to fulfill my duty on some particular request


Now, I am filled with trepidation. Because I am not a seamstress and I have never made a ballgown for Cinderella before.


It didn't stop me from trying to find out what the result might be.


I looked on the internet for Cinderella slippers, but it was tough. In the end I arrived at a Belgian website and found these. Okay, they are not made from glass or even transparent plastic, but they look cute and will fit in perfectly with the dress after a few embellishments.
I had them sent to my mum's address and she took these pictures for me.


Funny mummy tried the shoes for size on Micky or Minnie Mouse (can't tell for sure).

I have another month and a half to cobble this together. Also on the list is looking for a suitable Alice band/tiara, gloves, Sarah wanted gloves, and a whole lot of other stuff that I have conveniently forgotten.

Patricia xxx...x


PS To my sister in law, Joelle.  "Do not show this to Sarah !"

2 comments:

  1. The fabric is gorgeous, very Cinderella like. Good luck with your task x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's a lovely challenge for you. I love the 'Cinderella colours' just right and very Walt Disney, and the shoes certainly have a 'glass slipper' look about them as the light bounces off.

    Love the shoe models ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...